WMCHC, or Wayne Memorial Community Health Centers is a federally qualified health center (FQHC), supported in part through a grant from the US Health Resources and Services Administration, Bureau of Primary Health Care. It was created in 2007, with the first primary care facility opening in Honesdale in January of 2008.
WMCHC offers healthcare to everyone and accepts private insurance and public assistance. Our centers also offer a sliding fee scale based on income. For specific information regarding billing, call (570) 251-6641.
Through continuous efforts to offer the highest quality care, WMCHC provides care following the Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) care model. For more information on PCMH, download a PDF of our patient information brochure by clicking on the link below:
WMCHC is a member of the Keystone Accountable Care Organization, LLC. An Accountable Care Organization (ACO) is a group of health care providers including doctors and hospitals who agree to work together to provide patients with improved, coordinated health care. The ACO supports your doctor by making sure he or she has the most up-to-date information about your care across all the places you have received services.
WMCHC along with physician and hospital partners Highland Physicians, LTD, Evangelical Medical Services Organization, Wayne Memorial Hospital, Evangelical Hospital and Geisinger hospitals of Danville, Bloomsburg, Scranton, Shamokin and Wilkes-Barre is committed to providing coordinated, patient centered care for all Medicare patients.
You may view a list of FAQs about ACOs provided by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services by clicking on the link below. For questions specific to WMCHC physician practices, please contact WMCHC Quality Clinical Director at 570-253-8207.
WMCHC is clinically affiliated with Wayne Memorial Health System. Currently, our services include:
* Primary care in Honesdale, Lake Como, Waymart, Lords Valley, Vandling and Carbondale
* Pediatric care in Honesdale and Carbondale
* Dental care for children and adults at the Together for Health Dental Center in Honesdale
* Behavioral Health -- mental health and counseling services-- at the Behavioral Health Center in Honesdale
* Women's Health Care -- obstetrical and gynecological services with board-certified and board-eligible physicians and certified nurse-midwives in Honesdale, Hamlin, Lords Valley, Waymart and Vandling.
* General Surgery with Brian Lenczewski, MD and Salvador Guerrero, DO, FACS
* Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine with Sean McVeigh, MD, Director of Wayne Memorial's Sleep Disorders Center.
To download a PDF of the Sleep Disorders Center brochure, click on the link below:
For more information about each of these services, please click on the appropriate link above.
Wayne Memorial Community Health Centers is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
To learn more about Federally Qualified Health Centers, please click on the link below.